Meet Our Staff
Cathy Sulentic-Morcom, PT, DPT/OwnerCathy has worked in the Northern Black Hills since 1986 and has called the Black Hills her home for most of her life. In 1995, Cathy established Black Hills Physical Therapy, Inc, an independently owned private physical therapy out-patient clinic committed to providing the hightest quality, evidence- based Physical Therapy services to the Northern Black Hills. She has been a committed member of the American Physical Therapy Association since 1981 and actively involved in the South Dakota Physical Therapy Association, holding several offices and committee positions.
- Post-professional Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Evidence in Motion Institute of Health Professions with emphasis on Executive Private Practice Management, 2014
- Master of Physical Therapy degree from the University of North Dakota, 1993
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy, 1983
Extensive continuing educational background in manual therapy and orthopedic post-graduate course work.
- Manual Therapy
- Work Injuries
- Ergonomic Training
- Functional Job Analysis
- Functional Capacity Evaluation
- General Orthopedics
- Hand Therapy
- Certified Workwell Systems industrial medicine provider: FCE, FJA, PWS
- Certified ASTYM soft tissue treatment provider
South Dakota Physical Therapist of the Year, 2006
Cathy feels blessed to be working in a profession she loves and believes in. Outside of work she enjoys biking, skiing, golfing and generally being in the great outdoors.
Cathy White, PTA, BA, LLCC
Cathy is the newest member of the Black Hills Physical Therapy Team. Although she has been a seasonal resident of Spearfish for 15 years, she recently moved from Denver with her husband to live in Spearfish on a full time basis.
Cathy brings to the clinic 25 years experience and skills as Physical Therapist Assistant. She has been active in the APTA earlier in her career, serving as Affiliate Delegate and President of the Physical Therapist Assistant Special Interest Group, and Member Consultant of APTA Consensus Conference for the PT/PTA Relationship.Education:
- Massage Therapy Certification from Center of Advanced Therapeutics, Denver, CO
- Associate's Degree in Applied Science and Physical Therapist Assisting from Tarrant County Junior College, TX
- Bachelor of Arts Degree (Double Major); Theatre and Speech, and Communications, from Mount Union College, OH
- Complete Decongestive Physiotherapy (Lymphedema)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (pre/post trauma or surgery)
- Manual Therapy
- General Orthopedics
- Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
- Lymphedema/Complex Decongestive Physiotherapy (Chikly Institute) 2005
- Ai Chi Basic Presenter; Aquatic Therapy and Rehab Institute
- PTA Clinical Instructor; Texas Consortium for Physical Therapy Clinical Education, Inc.
When not in the clinic, Cathy and her husband work on fixing up their new "old" house, bike, hike, snowshoe and generally enjoy the beautiful Black Hills. Cathy enjoys working with patients to help them restore their function and increase their quality of life.
Cathy Hackney, Billing Specialist/Administrative Support Manager
Cathy has been with Black Hills Physical Therapy since 2001. She has extensive knowledge in insurance billing, medical coding, HIPAA training, and Medicare rules and regulations. She uses her wealth of knowledge and skill with helping all customers with their scheduling and billing needs, as well as keeping Black Hills Physical Therapy staff and office current and well-informed on the many changes in health care.
Emily Hoffmann, Office Manager
Emily joined our staff in 2016. She is the friendly voice on the other end of the line. She is happy to assist patient's with scheduling and all other needs. She is responsible for overseeing the office support staff and ensuring the flow of the front office.
Rachel Corean, Front Office Support/Insurance Specialist
Rachel is the pleasant voice on the other end of the line when someone calls Black Hills Physical Therapy. She has been a part of our team since 2014, and has been working in healthcare for over eight years. She will kindly assist you in scheduling, verify insurance information and benefits, and help you navigate through any questions you may have about physical therapy and services provided at Black Hills Physical Therapy.
Rachel loves living in the beautiful Black Hills with her family and enjoys exploring all of the activities the Northern Hills has to offer.